Addictive, homemade Sweet Potato Fries seasoned with garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper and baked in the oven or air fryer until extra crispy. Dunk them in an easy homemade fry sauce and they are truly irresistible!
I find Sweet Potato Fries the perfect side for Classic Juicy Hamburgers or Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwiches.
Reading: Sweet potato fry dipping sauce
There are so many things to love about sweet potato fries, but I particularly love how they’re quick and easy to make and healthier than regular fries. Sweet potatoes are high in fiber and contain iron, calcium, selenium, as well as B vitamins, vitamin C, and beta-carotene. Plus, this recipe is baked rather than deep fried!
How to cut sweet potatoes into beautiful, uniform fries:
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut off the pointy end.
- Slice in half, lengthwise. Depending on the length of the potato, I may also cut it crosswise.
- Lay each half, flat side down, and cut the potato half lengthwise into ¼ inch slices.
- Finally, cut lengthwise to create ¼ inch sticks.
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries:
Soak fries in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes or up to 2 days in the fridge. Drain and pat very dry.
Also Read: What to put in a smoothie
Make seasoning. Mix cornstarch, garlic powder, chili powder and cracked or ground black pepper in a bowl.
Toss sweet potatoes in cornstarch and spices in a large resealable bag until coated evenly.
Spread fries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper of silicone baking mat, making sure they are not crowded or touching (otherwise they will steam, instead of roasting).
Bake at 425ºF for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, and flip fries to the other side. Return to the oven for 12-15 additional minutes until crisp.
Make dipping sauce. While the fries bake, make dipping sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
Also Read: Mushroom and wild rice soup
Enjoy! Remove sweet potato fries from oven and season to taste with sea salt and fresh parsley if desired. Serve with dipping sauce and some Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets.
For a yummy sweet potato fry sauce dipping sauce, combine mayo, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and paprika in the ratios on the recipe card below. Dunk and enjoy!
For Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, follow my instructions HERE.
- RAW sweet potato fries can be frozen but they need to be blanched in boiling water for 5 minutes, then cooled in ice water for 2-3 minutes more. Pat them dry, then freeze them spread out on a cookie sheet for an hour before adding them to a freezer bag for longterm freezer storage.
- Left-over COOKED fries will do very well in the freezer for 3-6 months. Spread them on a baking sheet and flash freeze for an hour before storing in a freezer bag. To revive, preheat oven to 400ºF, spread fries out evenly on a cookie sheet and pop into the oven for 20 minutes or until they reach desired crispiness. You can also microwave them for a quick snack but they won’t be crispy.
Nutritional information does not include fry sauce.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
Also Read: Recipe for smoking beef ribs