This delicious sausage green bean potato casserole is such a delicious side dish recipe perfect anytime of year. It’s actually a complete meal with meat, veggies and potatoes all in one dish. So scrumptious and seasoned perfectly.
With the holidays right around the corner, this is the perfect dish to add to the menu for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. We have a green bean side dish with our holiday meal and this is a hearty side dish that will go with the turkey, ham and prime rib perfectly.
Reading: Sausage green bean potato casserole
Sausage kielbasa is delicious and, when paired up with baby creamer potatoes and green beans, has always been a favorite at our house. Using fresh green beans is best, but using frozen green beans or canned green beans in a pinch works well too. And if you cannot find the baby creamers, you can use small red potatoes.
Can This Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole Be Made In The Slow Cooker?
Yes! This can be made in a slow cooker. First, cook the sausage, along with the onions and garlic. While the sausage is cooking, add potatoes, that have been tossed in vegetable or olive oil, along with the seasonings, to the pot. Next, add green beans and then add the sausage mixture. Give it a quick stir. Turn crock pot to high, cover and cook for 4 hours. Super easy and will free up time while preparing the rest of the holiday meal.
Ingredients Needed For This Side Dish
- Sausage Kielbasa
- Baby creamer potatoes
- Green beans
- Oil, butter
- Onions, garlic
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
Also Read: The turn of the screw summary
(Actual measurements are listed in the recipe card below.)
How To Make Sausage Green Bean Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray a 9×13 baking dish with a non stick spray
- Wash creamer potatoes, cut in half and add to a sealable gallon size baggie.
- Add oil, seasonings, pepper and red pepper flakes to baggie. Shake to coat.
- In a large frying pan, add sausage and water, and cook over medium high heat until sausage has browned and most of water has evaporated. Should take less than 30 minutes.
- Remove sausage from pan and when cool enough add to baggie.
- Melt butter in frying pan and add onions and garlic, cook until onions are translucent.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then when cool enough, add to baggie and shake to mix.
- Lastly, add green beans to baggie, shake to mix and then empty contents into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Carefully remove from oven and enjoy!
Try This Delicious Side Dish Recipe Today
Here are a few more delicious side dish recipes that can be found on the blog:
Bacon Green Beans
Cheesy Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
Also Read: Worst cooks in america 2022
The Best Mashed Potatoes
Bhuller’s Baked Beans
Here is a delicious Easy Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya from our new blog, Deliciously Seasoned, that you might enjoy as well.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.
Also Read: What to make with leftover steak