This butternut squash ravioli recipe is the final word fall cooking mission! Pockets of home made pasta encompass a wealthy, creamy squash and sage filling.
Reading: Sauce for butternut squash ravioli
Butternut Squash Ravioli Recipe Elements
Home made pasta is at all times a deal with, however the wealthy, creamy filling is what makes this butternut squash ravioli recipe so particular. These healthful elements pack it with irresistible autumn taste:
- Butternut squash – You couldn’t make butternut squash ravioli with out it! It makes the filling tremendous creamy with none cheese or cream.
- Roasted shallots and garlic – For savory, umami depth of taste.
- Contemporary sage – As a result of nothing’s higher than contemporary sage + roasted squash within the fall!
- Walnuts – They add richness to the filling, working with the squash to make it thick and creamy.
- Apple cider vinegar – Its tangy taste highlights the savory roasted shallots and garlic.
- Nutmeg – Only a pinch! I like its nutty taste with the candy roasted squash.
- And sea salt and contemporary black pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Together with these filling elements, you’ll want flour, eggs, olive oil, and (extra) sea salt to make the pasta.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
How one can Make Butternut Squash Ravioli
I like to think about this butternut squash ravioli recipe in three elements: making the filling, making the pasta, and assembling and cooking the ravioli. Right here’s the way it goes:
Also Read: How to make sweet potato casserole
First, roast the squash, shallots, garlic, and sage. In the event you can, do that step upfront, because the filling is thicker and creamier when the squash has loads of time to chill. Roast the squash cut-side-down at 400° till it’s fully comfortable, about 40 minutes. Wrap the shallots, garlic, and sage in foil with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil, and roast them for 20 minutes. After you roast the veggies, set them apart to chill for no less than half-hour.
Subsequent, make the pasta dough in accordance with this recipe. Cease on the finish of step 2 for now, wrapping the dough in plastic wrap and letting it relaxation at room temperature for half-hour.
In the meantime, make the filling. Pulse the walnuts in a meals processor till they’re finely floor. Then, add 1 1/2 cups of the roasted squash flesh, the roasted sage, shallots, and garlic, apple cider vinegar, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Course of till the filling is easy and creamy. Season to style… good luck not consuming all of it out of the meals processor with a spoon! Chill the filling when you roll out the pasta.
Return to the home made pasta recipe to roll out the dough. You’ll skip step 5 (the folding) and cease after step 6 (rolling out the pasta sheets). You need to find yourself with 4 large, skinny sheets of pasta dough. After you roll them out, unfold them on two calmly floured baking sheets.
Subsequent, fill the ravioli! Use a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop to dot the filling onto two sheets of pasta. I prefer to calmly rating the dough with my ravioli stamp so I understand how far aside to house the filling. In the event you don’t have a ravioli stamp, you need to use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to chop sq. ravioli. Simply make sure that to house the scoops of filling no less than 2 inches aside.
Also Read: Substitute for cooking with wine
Then, lower out the ravioli. Lay the 2 remaining sheets of pasta over those dotted with filling, and use your ravioli stamp, pizza cutter, or knife to chop out ravioli with the dollops of filling within the center.
Lastly, prepare dinner! Drop the ravioli into a big pot of boiling salted water, and prepare dinner for 4 minutes. Serve sizzling, and luxuriate in!
Butternut Squash Ravioli Recipe Suggestions
- Roast the veggies forward of time. As I discussed within the step-by-step directions above, I like to recommend roasting the squash, shallots, garlic, and sage upfront. That method, they’ll be fully cool whenever you mix up the filling. If the veggies are cool, the filling might be thicker, so it’s simpler to work with whenever you’re reducing out the butternut squash ravioli.
- Hold the pasta dough coated in plastic wrap whenever you’re not working with it. The pasta dough dries out shortly, so if you happen to’re not working with it, cowl it with plastic wrap to assist it retain moisture.
- Get scrappy. The variety of ravioli this recipe yields will range based mostly on how giant you narrow your pasta. Identical to whenever you’re making sugar cookies, begin by reducing out ravioli near the sides of the dough, after which work in direction of the middle, puzzling the cut-outs collectively to make as many as you possibly can. Then, don’t be afraid to make use of any giant scraps to make a number of extra!
- Cook dinner the pasta proper earlier than you eat. The butternut squash ravioli is finest sizzling from the range. In the event you’re serving it with a topping just like the wine sauce and greens within the recipe beneath, prep the elements earlier than you prepare dinner the pasta as a way to shortly plate it and eat whereas it’s freshly cooked.
- Eat the leftover filling. After you make this butternut squash ravioli recipe, there’s a superb likelihood you’ll find yourself with leftover filling. Don’t let it go to waste! Use it as a sauce for your favourite pasta form, or get pleasure from it as a dip.
I like to high my butternut squash ravioli with a tangy, fragrant sauce created from garlic, sage leaves, white wine, and contemporary thyme. It comes collectively in proper round 5 minutes – lower than the time it takes to boil water and prepare dinner the pasta – and it’s the right easy of entirety for the flavorful ravioli. I full my plate with cubes of roasted butternut squash, sautéed kale, and toasted walnuts for crunch. This mixture is easy, elegant, and full of texture and taste. I actually hope you give it a attempt!
But when the sauce and vegetable topping don’t sound like your factor, that’s okay! (You simply made ravioli from scratch, for crying out loud!) The butternut squash ravioli would even be scrumptious with a drizzle of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese. To make it a full meal, pair it with crusty bread or rosemary focaccia, roasted veggies like broccoli or Brussels sprouts, or an autumn salad. My Pear Salad with Balsamic and Walnuts and Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad would each be nice decisions.
Also Read: How to lose weight faster