You’ve come to the right place. I’m going to show you How to Make Iced Coffee. Watch the video showing you How to Make Iced Coffee, then scroll to the bottom of this post so you can print out the recipe and make it at home. You might also be interested in a more authentic way of making Iced Coffee: How to Make Cold Brew Coffee. Be sure to check out that post because that recipe makes really great iced coffee too! Oh, and Boozy Iced Coffee is another favorite (cocktail-style).
Reading: Iced coffee recipe at home
I’m not much of a coffee drinker. No sirree. No caffeine needed. My body is hard-wired to have an abundance of natural energy from the moment I wake up. I guess I’m lucky that way. I do love the flavor of coffee though… coffee candies and coffee ice cream and even those foo foo frozen coffee drinks that contain your total allotted calorie consumption in just a dozen sips.
That’s why on one rather sweltering afternoon recently, I grabbed my husband’s mug o’ coffee that had been sitting untouched on the counter all day long, and I made myself a rather delicious version of Iced Coffee.
How do You Make Iced Coffee?
You’ll need a tall glass and a spoon long enough to reach the bottom of that glass.
Fill that glass full to the rim with ice. If you really want to get serious about your iced coffee, you can make ice cubes out of coffee too. Then you won’t get that “watered-down” effect. And if you’re into that flavored sort of coffee then go for it.
Pour room temperature (or chilled) coffee into the glass.
Also Read: How to make minute rice
Fill it almost to the top.
Pour in the white stuff. Here’s where you get to make a big decision. Do you want to go all out and make this a decadent treat? If so, then add cream or half & half. If you want to go a little lighter, use whole milk or fat-free half & half. And lighter still, use nonfat milk.
Take a moment to watch the swirls sink to the bottom and mix in with the coffee. It’s a magical moment. 🙂
Add a couple spoonfuls of sugar (if you like sweet)… or whatever sort of sweetener you usually add to your coffee. In the recipe notes below, I share how to make sugary simple syrup in case you prefer to use that instead of granulated white sugar.
Stir it all up!
Also Read: How to cook new york strip steak
Anticipate drinking your creation.
Add a purple straw. If you’re a straw person, that is. And drink up!
Things you can buy to help you make the perfect iced coffee:
- MY FAVORITE GLASS MUGS: I absolutely love these glass mugs and I use them for both coffee and tea. They’re microwavable and large.
- TALL GLASSES: I use these for iced tea and iced coffee and any drink where I want to add ice in a tall glass.
- TALL PLASTIC GLASSES: I also have this set of plastic, non-breakable glasses since we have a pool area and use them outside often in warmer weather. They are dishwasher safe.
- TALL SPOONS: These are a must if you use the tall glasses!
- SILICONE ICE CUBE TRAYS: Even if you have an ice maker built-in to your refrigerator, you would totally love these ice cube trays. I love the shape of the cube molds (they look pretty in a glass), and they come out super easy with bendable silicone. You may also choose to make ice cubes out of coffee, so these are perfect for that.
- COFFEE STIRRER STICKS: We have a little coffee station in our kitchen, and since I don’t always like to get our spoons dirty… these wooden stirrer sticks come in handy.
- GLASS MEASURING CUP: You might already have one of these in your kitchen, but it’s definitely a must-have (I’m pretty sure I have 3 or 4).
- RE-USABLE STRAWS: I use these for everything I drink these days. This set comes with a straw cleaner, which is a nice thing to have!
- MY FAVORITE NO-CALORIE SWEETENER: I just started using this sweetener for tea and coffee, and I’m obsessed with it. No aftertaste!
Here’s the cool part (at least I think this is kind of cool…). You’ve seen these flavored coffee creamers, right? You can always use this stuff in your iced coffee. It’ll cover both your cream and your sweetener. And if you get this particular brand… then you’ll be getting a coffee creamer with a photograph that yours-truly took! Yep, those cupcakes that you see right there- those are my White Wedding Cake Cupcakes that I posted on the site a couple of years ago.
I made those cupcakes with the pearls on top for a teacher’s wedding from my son’s school. This company liked my photo and wanted to use it for the label on their new product, so they bought it from me! Isn’t that fun?!
Enjoy your iced coffee, however you decide to make it 🙂 This is the super easy way to make iced coffee. Check out my other post: How to Make Cold Brew Coffee, for a more authentic way of making iced coffee.
If you need a few delicious treats to have with your coffee, you might consider baking some Brown Sugar Cinnamon Biscotti or Lemon Tea Cake. Mini Crumb Cake Bites would also be a nice goodie to munch on while sipping your iced coffee. Butter Swirl Shortbread Cookies make good dunkers too.
Also Read: What is in red eye gravy