Prime your iced espresso and tea with decadent, creamy cold foam as a substitute of including creamer or milk. Get step-by-step directions and see how surprisingly simple it’s to make it at home in 2 minutes!
- Cold foam is cold, frothed milk, made with out warmth or steam, for iced drinks. It’s a creamy, velvety, and fluffy milk foam that’s poured on high of an iced beverage. The cold foam will slowly make its method down the cup.
- It’s sweetened with sugar or easy syrup and could be made flavored by including flavored easy syrups.
- This fast and simple cold foam recipe makes use of simply 2 elements to make completely scrumptious cold foam at home utilizing a French press or a handheld milk frother.
RELATED: Vanilla Candy Cream Cold Foam
Reading: How to make cold foam at home
Cold Foam at Starbucks
At Starbucks, cold foam is made with nonfat milk, utilizing a particular blender to create completely easy, textured foam that’s made up of tiny bubbles.
Other than common cold foam, there are additionally flavored cold foams made utilizing heavy cream. There’s salted caramel cream cold foam, vanilla candy cream cold foam and a seasonal pumpkin cream cold foam.
Cold foam could be personalized! Attempt topping your drink with matcha cold foam (matcha blended with cold foam), strawberry cold foam (strawberry puree sauce blended with cold foam) or pumpkin cream cold foam (pumpkin spice sauce blended with cold foam).
Also Read: 1 cup of coffee caffeine
Any iced drink at Starbuck could be ordered with cold foam, though there may be an additional cost.
RELATED: 8 Simple Cold Foam Recipes
Cold Foam at Dunkin’
The cold foam at Dunkin’ comes from a can, a Reddi-wip! It’s sweeter than the cold foam at Starbucks and the primary elements are nonfat milk, sugar, and cream.
The candy cold foam tops cold brews together with “The Charli Cold Foam” drink. It may be added to any iced drink however there may be an additional cost.
RELATED: Chocolate Cold Foam
- Half & HalfHalf cream and half milk, the cream half is the important thing to getting excellent cold foam. Milk could be made into cold foam nevertheless it’ll be skinny and never very fluffy or wealthy.
- Sugar or Easy SyrupWhite, granulated sugar or easy syrup can be utilized.
Also Read: How long to cook a 23 lb turkey
For full elements and directions, scroll down to the recipe.
French Press TechniqueThis methodology creates excellent cold foam with tiny, uniform bubbles.
- Put cold half & half and sweetener right into a French press.
- Place lid and transfer the plunger up and down.The half & half will greater than double in quantity.
- Pour cold foam on high of an iced beverage.
Handheld Milk Frother TechniqueThat is the second greatest method to make cold foam because you do get larger, uneven bubbles however a handheld milk frother is less complicated to clear than a French press.
- Whisk half & half and sweetener utilizing a handheld milk frother.It ought to take about 20 seconds to get fluffy cold foam.
- Pour cold foam on high of an iced beverage.
- Cold foam can be utilized as a substitute of milk or cream in an iced drink or as well as to.
- It’s up to you if you need to stir within the cold foam into the drink, or drink it as is, sipping the cold foam first as it really works its method down the cup.
- Flip any iced espresso drink like iced latte or cold brew, right into a espresso store high quality beverage by topping it with cold foam.
- As an alternative of utilizing plain sugar or easy syrup, make flavored cold brew for a tasty deal with.
Flavored Cold Foam
- Vanilla cold foamMix vanilla syrup and half & half to make Vanilla candy cream cold foam, similar to at Starbucks.
- Caramel cold foamCaramel provides a candy contact.
- Salted caramel cold foamCandy and salty caramel is ideal on cold brews.
- Chocolate cold foamFor chocolate lovers, chocolate cold foam is scrumptious on mochas.
- Pumpkin cream cold foamTaste cold foam with fall’s signature pumpkin spice through the use of pumpkin spice syrup.
- Matcha cold foamA inexperienced tea twist to cold foam.
- The aim is to get tiny, uniform bubbles that gained’t even appear like bubbles since that’s what creates the graceful texture. The French press does a greater job of doing this than the hand held milk frother.
- The French press makes higher cold foam nevertheless it’s a little bit of a chore to clear. The hand held milk frother is far simpler to clear than a French press however the cold foam isn’t as easy since there are larger bubbles. However they each style nice and provides velvety foam to your iced drink.
- Don’t overfill the French press. The cold foam will double or triple in quantity as air is pumped in, so maintain that in thoughts whenever you pour the half & half into the French press.
- Don’t underfill the French press. The strainer wants to be submerged within the half & half in order that the air could be pumped into it.
RELATED: Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
Questions You Could Have
- Caramel Cold Foam
- How to Froth Milk for Lattes
- 14 Refreshing Iced Espresso Recipes
- Iced Espresso with Cream Froth
- Easy Do-it-yourself Syrups for Espresso and Tea
- How to Make Cold Brew Espresso
Did you make this? Please depart a star ranking beneath or a assessment within the feedback part.Need to save this recipe to Pinterest for later? Pin it now to your Pinterest board!
Also Read: How to make a cake minecraft