Throughout this article, I will explain how long it takes to cook pork ribs at 400°F in the oven. You will also find valuable information about the differences between beef and pork ribs, the different types of ribs, and more.
What Are The Type Of Pork Ribs
- Back Ribs: The back ribs are relatively small and fatter than the front ribs and cook relatively quickly. Racks of short ribs weigh between 1 and 2 pounds, and they may also be referred to as loin ribs or baby back ribs.
- Spare Ribs: They are longer and leaner ribs found behind the shoulder on the belly. Because of their weight, the racks cook more slowly. When these ribs are trimmed of cartilage, breastbone, and the skirt to form a rectangular rack, they are often referred to as side ribs or St Louis-style ribs.
- Country Style Ribs: Typically, these rib steaks come from the shoulder portion of the loin and cook more quickly than the other types. Some are boneless, while others feature shoulder blades, as shown here. These are also known as shoulder steaks and blade chops.
Best Temperature To Cook Ribs In The Oven
Beef or pork ribs can be baked at many temperatures such as 275°F, 350°F, and 400°F. I find 400°F to be the best temperature to bake pork ribs, as it is fast, taking only about an hour and a half. Also, baking your ribs at 400°F will give them a more golden color.
Reading: How long to bake ribs at 400
How Long To Cook Ribs In Oven At 400 With Foil
If you choose to bake your ribs in aluminum foil in an oven at 400°F, it will take between 1 ½ and 2 hours. The foil will keep the temperature inside and this will help the ribs to cook quickly while providing tender, falling apart ribs.
How Long To Cook Ribs Without Foil
The cooking time for ribs without foil can take up to 3 h and sometimes even up to 5 hours depending on the temperature. As an example, back ribs can take three hours to bake at 300°F, and about 4 hours at 250°F, and so on. The higher the temperature, the faster it will cook.
Boneless Ribs Vs Bone-in Ribs Cooking Time
Also Read: Chocolate chip keto ice cream
Generally speaking, bone-in ribs require 10% more cooking time than boneless ribs. In addition to pork or beef ribs, this rule also applies to other meats such as chicken, salmon, or lamb. For example: If the recommended time for boneless ribs is 1h, then bone-in ribs take about 1 hour and 10 minutes longer.
The internal temperature of the ribs must be between 185°F and 200°F.
Beef Ribs Vs Pork Ribs Baking Time
Beef ribs tend to be fattier and larger than pork ribs. In contrast, pork ribs have a milder flavor due to their fat content, which makes them more versatile. Because of this, beef ribs will take longer to cook than pork ribs.
Example: Beef Country Style Ribs take about 50 minutes to cook at 350°F while pork Country Style takes 35 to 40 minutes. Learn more about the difference between beef ribs and pork ribs.
Baked Ribs Ingredients
- 2 slabs pork ribs (about 1 to 1 ½ pounds each)
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- ½ cup Barbecue Sauce
How To Cook Ribs In The Oven At 400
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle kosher salt and black pepper all over the ribs.
- Place the slabs tightly on a large piece of heavy-duty foil, seal tightly then place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours, or until fork-tender.
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Brush a little vegetable oil over the grill grates.
- After removing the ribs from foil, brush with sauce, coating their rounded sides thoroughly.
- Grill until nicely browned, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with more BBQ sauce and fries.
How Long Do Baked Ribs Last In The Fridge
Leftover baked ribs can be last in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Make sure to lea the ribs cook until reach room temperature then place them into well-closed glass containers then refrigerate. You can reheat leftover ribs easily in the oven at 350°F for 10 min or until reaches 165°F.
How To Freeze Ribs After Backing.
As long as the ribs are stored properly, they can be frozen for up to 3 months. Let the ribs rest at room temperature after baking. Once the ribs have been cut into portions, lay each piece on a large piece of plastic film wrap. Make sure the ribs are tightly wrapped, and squeeze out all of the air. To add extra protection, place wrapped portions inside a heavy-duty freezer bag. Make a note of the freezing date so you don’t forget.
What To Serve With Baked Ribs
The baked ribs are a delicious snack or dinner. They can be served with fries, dipping sauces, and roasted vegetables such as carrots, asparagus, or tomatoes. The baked ribs can also be served as a class dinner with mashed potatoes and BBQ sauce accompanied by lemon slices.
Baked beef or pork ribs can be served with pasta, cooked rice, green beans, or fresh salad.
Here are some ideas for the best side dishes to serve with baked ribs:
- cucumber and carrot salad with mayonnaise
- Ina Garten Farro Salad
- Corn Salad
- French Potato Salad
- Greek Salad
- Air Fried Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
- Sweet Potatoes Fries
- waffle fries
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
Baked Ribs Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 5 oz (140g )
Also Read: Recipe for rudys cream corn
- Calories from Fat 153
- Calories 330
- Total Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 7g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 600mg
- Total Carbohydrates 18g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 17g
- Protein 17g