To maintain your lawnmower operating at peak efficiency, common upkeep in your Honda lawnmower is important. Altering the belt in your lawnmower is one among these common upkeep procedures. The primary time you substitute your Honda lawnmower belt, could also be just a little daunting. Nonetheless, with the correct instruments and knowledge, this upkeep process is simple to do your self, even for probably the most inexperienced mechanic.
This text explains the process to switch the belt in your lawnmower and features a few suggestions alongside the way in which. Remember that the perfect supply of knowledge is at all times the producers operations guide – learn the directions earlier than you start to switch your Honda Lawnmower belt and most significantly – preserve security in thoughts.
Also Read: How many people do snails kill a year
Step one is to buy a replacement belt. Check with your Proprietor’s Handbook to search out the belt half quantity. Subsequent, go to www.hondalawnparts.com, and choose the Honda In style Components tab, then choose the “Belts” choice and select the belt that you simply want. Choose a transport choice and checkout.
As soon as your half arrives, you will have the next set of instruments to alter the Honda Lawnmower belt:
- 14mm socket wrench with socket extender
- Crescent wrench
- Lengthy flat head screwdriver
- Pair of needle nostril pliers
- Pair of gloves
Also Read: Is the venus flytrap a flower
The right way to change the lawnmower belt:
- Transfer the mower on to a big blanket or a tarp, to catch spillage. Fuel and oil may not spill, however it’s best to be ready.
- Make certain the mower is off and engine is cool.
- Take away the wire and boot from the spark plug then flip off the gasoline valve.
- Flip the mower on its facet to entry the mower blade.
- Make certain the blade is secured with some type of assist: this may very well be a block of wooden or a brick. That is to verify the blade doesn’t fly off or fall when eliminated. Put the block on the underside and transfer the blade towards it.
- Use the 14mm socket wrench to take away the bolts and washers holding the blade to the mower.
- Take away the blade rigorously, ensuring to maintain something sharp away from the physique.
- Use the socket to take away the decrease Roto-Cease meeting. This can be tight and require a tough blow to the socket wrench deal with. After eradicating the bolt, take away the decrease meeting.
- Use the flat head screwdriver to take away the Roto-Cease Spring.
- The pair of needle nostril pliers will match within the tight house to take away the clutch cable.
- Take away the higher Roto-Cease meeting.
- Subsequent, take away the 2 particles shields. The rear wheels cowl one of many screws holding the primary protect in place. Setting these wheels to the bottom setting will make the screw accessible.
- Rotate the mower transmission to launch the previous belt. Place the crescent wrench on the underside and use it as a deal with to show the transmission.
- Take away the previous belt from the crankshaft drive pulley.
- Earlier than fully eradicating the previous belt, the stress spring on the transmission must be eliminated as effectively. Use the needle nostril pliers to undo the spring.
- The previous belt ought to now be fully free.
- Get the brand new belt prepared for set up.
- Now place the brand new belt within the drive pulley mounted on the transmission.
- Use the flathead screwdriver to assist reconnect the stress spring.
- Flip the transmission to launch the stress. It will enable the belt to be positioned across the crankshaft drive pulley.
- Reinstall the 2 particles shields and substitute all of the screws. Put the rear wheels again to their authentic peak.
- Substitute the higher Roto-Cease meeting subsequent. Bear in mind to connect the clutch cable in addition to the Roto-Cease stress spring.
- Put the decrease Roto-Cease meeting again on and safe it with the center bolt. Hand-tighten it to carry the meeting on, then use the socket wrench to complete the job.
- The mower blade goes on subsequent. Make certain there’s a blade assist in place earlier than attaching. Put the blade (or blades If there are a couple of) on the decrease Roto-Cease meeting. Use the socket wrench to safe it with the bolts and washers. The bolts want a specific amount of torque, so seek the advice of the guide to see the manufactures specs on simply how a lot.
- Take away the blade assist and stand the mower again upright.
- Final, however not least, flip the gasoline valve again on and connect the spark plug wire and boot.
- Congratulate your self for a job effectively carried out!
Once more, this upkeep process could seem sophisticated, however when the instructions within the Operations Handbook are adopted step-by-step, this process is simple. www.hondalawnparts.com has a variety of equipment and components out there. Use the Components Diagram Lookup device to search out the components that you simply want and order simply on-line.
Also Read: How to get rid of mushrooms on lawn