The best thing about half-up half-down hairstyles is that they give you the best of both worlds. The style is practical, absolutely lovely, and suitable for daily errands and your nighttime events too.
These 50 best styles for all hair types will, hands down, help with finding inspiration for your perfect half updo!
Reading: Half up and half down
1. Fancy Wedding Half Updo. If you have minimal styling skills, it may really get hard to recreate this half up on your own, so book an appointment with your hairstylist.
2. Half-Up Half-Down Curly Hair. Whether you’re looking for a style to go with your prom or bridesmaid’s dress, a twisted wispy half updo will perfectly complement your look.
3. Charming Blonde Braided Half-Updo. If you have beautiful long thick locks, a half-up half-down hairstyle with curls will make you look even more adorable and romantic! Finish your ‘do by adding a few floral bobby pins.
4. Twisted Half-Up Hairstyle. Half-up half-down hairstyles suit women who don’t have thick hair as well. If you find a skilled hair colorist who can balayage your locks for additional volume, you win a jackpot! Arrange your locks into a half-up hairdo with waves and twists, and you won’t have to worry about your fine hair at all.
5. Half-Up Curly Hairstyle. Cute half-up half-down hairstyles don’t always have to be complicated. Just keep it simple by styling a twisted halo and curling the bottom of your hair.
6. Half Updo with a Braided Halo. Something easy and delicate to recreate for the ladies with long wavy locks. The halo secures the volume at the top, while the braids are tied together with a soft knot. Rough up the bouffant crown slightly for a chill feel.
7. Half-Up Half-Down Straight Hair. You don’t always need a head full of curls for a classy updo. Pull your straight hair back, twist, and pin it with a statement piece for a professional look.
8. Easy Half Updo with Flowers. A style that just screams “wedding”. Either choose it to complement your romantic looks or, on the contrary, add some femininity if your outfit is on the rougher side.
9. Boho Bridal Half Up Hairstyle. Messy hairstyles have been trending for quite a long time, so why not give this easy half up a go? Textured beachy curls in a loose braid add a boho touch to the overall look.
10. Cute and Simple Bubble Braid Style. This one looks particularly good on our girls with longer hair. The more locks you’ve got, the fancier your knotted bubble braid will look!
11. Half-Up Braid on Highlighted Hair. A balayage can make a huge difference for your hairdo: it adds texture and creates extra volume. There’s no need to get an elaborate hairstyle with this hair color technique – the balayage already makes it interesting and refreshing.
12. Half-Up Half-Down Braids. The contrasts of light and dark, fluffy and sleek, tousled and tight set this braided half updo apart from the rest in our review.
13. Half-Up ‘Waterfall Braid”. This one could be the ideal bridal hairstyle. The tiny flowers accentuate the braided halo, and the waves provide a sophisticated, romantic look a bride usually strives for.
14. Sleek Half-Up Half-Down Hairstyle. While a lot of girls often go for a messier version of a half-up half-down hairstyle, you can style a polished variant of it. Unlike the boho version, which is cute and lovely, this hairdo looks elegant and chic.
15. Half-Up Half-Down Curly Hair with Ombre. Ombre hair looks absolutely phenomenal when styled in a half-up-half-down ‘do. This particular hairstyle is simple and effortless yet incredibly stunning and adds so much charm to your entire look.
Also Read: What is the best body wash for women over 50
16. Half-Up Half-Down Hair with Jewelry. Another perfect example of getting a wonderful half-updo even on finer hair types. Unleash your imagination: add twists, braids, waves, and complete your hairdo with a pretty little piece of jewelry.
17. Long Messy Half-Updo with a Beachy Vibe. Here’s a cute idea of easy half-up half-down hairstyles that you can create by yourself. Just add loose waves if your hair isn’t naturally curly, make a knot, and get your compliments!
18. Half-Up Half-Down Braids with a Crown. Half-up hairstyles often go with a voluminous or messy bouffant. It visually changes the shape of your head and makes you look taller, while you can still show off your super-long locks.
19. Half-Up Half-Down Long Hair. Easily create a fancier feel to your long wavy hair by accessorizing it with a big, eye-catching bow or any other accent you prefer.
20. Face-Framing Braided Half-Updo. If you don’t want to leave much hair for the bottom half of your hairstyle, you can get a half-up half-down ponytail. Thus, you will accentuate the upper braided half and cute face-framing pieces.
21. Half-Up Twisted Crown. If the occasion doesn’t require a super-complicated hairstyle, a half-up half-down hairdo with a twisted crown could be an amazing option for you. What’s great about it? You can style it on very long locks as well as shorter cuts like a long bob.
22. African-American Half-Up Bun. Whether you’re styling your natural hair or want to install extensions to look special; a textured high bun and thick springy curls in the back will serve you just right.
23. French Braid Half-Up Half-Down Style. A super sweet and delicate idea, crowned with a loose side French braid. What’s not to love about it?
24. Messy Braided Half Updo. This style doesn’t really require any special skills to perform a sleek braid, but you might need to train a few times first! Simple but chic, your time will be worth it!
25. Half-Up Half-Down Short Hair. A total winner! Goes perfectly with pretty much anything, easy to put together, and has an “effortlessly French” flair to it.
26. Half-Up Braids and Curls. This elegant and fierce style with Khaleesi vibes may work for your next formal event. Besides, it makes it super easy to put your lower hair in a bun in case it gets too hot.
27. Half-Up Half-Down Braided Hairstyle. If you’re familiar with more than one braiding technique, you can join them together for an extra creative fancy hairdo!
28. Wedding Half Updo for Long Hair. Loose, lacy waves gather like clouds in a barely visible half updo. You may need your stylist’s help with it.
29. Halo Braid Half Updo. Super feminine and delicate, also known as the crown braid style, it will make your hair seem more voluminous and get you admiring glances from miles away.
30. Half-Up Half-Down Ponytail. A neat trick to add extra volume to tired hair. By styling your pony at the very top, you’ll have the hairdo looking much puffier in seconds.
31. Half-Up Half-Down Twisted Hairstyle. If braiding isn’t your cup of tea, you can easily complete a fun hairstyle by twisting two sections on each side and bringing them together in the back for a fast and sweet ‘do. What a creative way to wear your feather earrings!
32. Textured Medium Length Hairstyle. The voluminous half-up braid along with the teased pony creates dynamic texture and promises to complete your stylish everyday look.
33. Half-Up Half-Down Bun. Imagine you are traveling to your favorite music festival and add a loose messy bun to your hairstyle. Complete it by plaiting a couple of cheeky braids and add a few different accessories.
Also Read: Nicest celebrities in real life
34. Half-Up Half-Down Bob. If you want to give off low-key Greek goddess vibes, why not try styling your short locks with a loose side Dutch braid?
35. Twisted Tresses with a Low Pony. Now here’s a perfect one for long thick hair and you can do it at home. Secure your twists with an elastic tie, then, disguise it with a few strands making a knot. Your perfect half up half down curls are done!
36. Curly Hair with a Loose Braid. All half up hairstyles become at least two times fancier with a braid woven into it. It just adds a certain “je ne sais quoi” to the mix. The loose braid softens the waterfall of thick curls and makes it even more eye-catching.
37. Fishtail Half Updo for Long Hair. The half up half down French braid is one of the oldest ideas for half-up styles, and no wonder this beauty is still so popular among long-haired ladies. It’s easy when mastered and helps to deliver a rather fierce yet delicate overall appearance. The pieces loosely draped on the sides are a modern touch to the classic look.
38. Cute Half Up Half Down Style. Literally a two-second, maybe a two-minute updo that will have you looking grungy and stylish all day. Whether you want to look pretty at uni or festival, these two messy knots have you covered.
39. Half Updo for Curly Hair. An irresistible idea to take to your hairdresser when the next formal event comes up. The braided halo is a smart move to help you show off the gradient of your colored half up half down curly hair.
40. Casual Half Updo for Hair Past Shoulders. A few twists and pins can instantly turn your usual half up into a soiree-worthy hairdo.
41. Chunky Half Up Ponytail Braid. It may seem hard to recreate at first, but trust us, it’s not. Start by twisting or braiding side pieces, knot them together, then use small elastic bands to make a layered ponytail braid.
42. Shaggy Hair with Braided Crown. Suitable for any occasion, this hairdo won’t let you down. Bring together two frontal pieces weaving soft, loose half up half down braids, and entwine them to achieve a halo-like look.
43. Pretty Braided Half-Up Half-Down Hair. An utterly cute styling option for ladies with longer hair. It does require a particular skill, but it’s nothing a few YouTube videos can’t teach.
44. Elegant Half-Up Half-Down Updo. Feel like a true Disney princess with a puffy crown complemented with chunky elegant waves flowing down the back.
45. Bridal Braided Half Up Hairstyle. Add a subtle compliment to your glossy waves. Create some extra volume at the top by teasing the crown hair and accessorize with a cute side braid. Something you’d probably want to take to a stylist rather than sweat at home trying.
46. Knotted Half Up Half Down Hair. A simple yet gorgeous half updo to complement layered waves. Take this example for inspiration and get your own masterpiece. Pure hair art!
47. Half Up Half Down Small Braids. Spice up an ordinary bun. Make a braided scroll that has as many braids as you want falling down from it. There you go, an effortlessly cool idea for an everyday look all done.
48. Half Up Braided Crown. Among many half up half down braided hairstyles, this sits at the top of the list. If you or your friends aren’t professionals at braids, show this to someone who knows their stuff to get the royal Khaleesi worthy Dutch braided half updo.
49. Curly Half Up Ponytail Prom Hair. Shine at your final important school event. Make the best of your hair texture and create an airy half updo with a big, puffy bouffant and loose gracious waves throughout.
50. Half-Up Braided Style for Thin Hair. One of the more popular half updo styling ideas. Intertwining loose curls and accentuating the volume with thin braids at the crown, surely creates a royal look for an event.
As you may have noticed, there are endless half-up half-down hairstyles if your mane is at least shoulder length. Regardless of your experience in styling, there is definitely a cute hairdo to suit your needs among these 50 awesome choices!
Also Read: Basic instinct leg crossing unedited