Women sometimes think that if they don’t have thick, Pocahontas-like locks, they’ve got the short end of the stick. Let’s dispel this myth once and for all! Fine hair has an enviable soft and silky texture that is much easier to style and keep healthy. And there are countless trendy short hairstyles for fine hair that can easily build stunning volume on anyone with this type of hair.
In this post, we will show you just how easy it is to create a sexy, trendy, voluminous look on short fine hair so that you can finally consider yourself very lucky!
Reading: Haircuts for short fine hair
When looking for the right way to style your fine, short hair for an added volume boost, think about things like your hair type (i.e., straight, wavy, curly, coily, etc.), your face shape, how much time you want to dedicate to styling your hair every day.
Generally, short hairstyles for fine hair will be easier to style than long hairstyles for thick hair, but there are variations between the styles. From layered bobs to playful curls, there are tons of ways to achieve bigger, more voluminous looks and generate an illusion of fullness.
So, without further ado, here are 50 awesome short hairstyles for fine hair that will make your hair look absolutely stunning!
1. Pixie with Nape Undercut. If you have fine dark hair, jazz it up with some blonde highlights to add dimension and make it look fuller.
2. Tomboy Hairstyle. The appeal of a tomboy hairstyle is obvious – not only is it easy to maintain but it also looks beyond cool! We love these feminine + tomboy vibes that work in perfect harmony.
3. Effortless Pixie Cut with Short Bangs. Are you looking to cut down your styling time? Go for this short pixie cut with cropped bangs. It’s a little messy, subtle and just the right amount of edgy.
4. Classy Temple Undercut. If your hair is fine, sleek and straight, this classy undercut hairstyle will be right up your street!
5. Layered Bob for Straight Hair. One of the staple short hairstyles for thin hair is the layered bob. Chic and full of grace, this hairdo will collect glances of admiration every day! Pro tip: add highlights for extra glow.
6. Short Bronde and Silver Pixie Bob. Do you want to add some spice to your style? Then this short hair cut is a perfect match for your goal. Even if a bob is not your vibe, take the metallic bronde and silver balayage as an idea for other hair styles for short hair.
7. Short Blunt Blonde Bob. Elegant, modern, and flattering – this blunt blonde bob gets top scores! Consult your hair colorist to choose the best blonde hair color for your skin tone.
8. Elongated Layered Pixie for Fine Hair. The pixie cut has been a staple hairdo for those with fine hair because it magically makes the hair appear thicker. The layering adds volume and texture to the crown, making it one of the preferred short hairсuts for thin hair as it is classic and effortless.
9. Uneven Lob for Fine Hair. One of the surefire, ever-fashionable, and trending short hairstyles for fine hair is a shaggy bob. The back is cut shorter ending somewhere around the neck, while the front and sides are elongated and highlighted. The shadow roots create an instant full and trendy look for fine thin hair.
10. Long Pixie for Fine Hair. For that magnificently beautiful look, try this lovely pixie for fine hair. A great fine hair short hair style for ladies over 50 and a smashing short hair style for younger ladies. This should be one of your best go-to hairstyles if you have thin or fine hair.
11. Long Pixie Cut. A long pixie cut can look very sophisticated. Wispy layering makes the hairstyle appear softer, while the razored layers at the crown are perfect for creating height and adding volume.
12. Textured Blunt Bob. Here’s one of the most gorgeous short haircuts for fine hair, a very feminine and low-maintenance short hairstyle. The unruly messy waves, funky blunt edges, and volume-boosting highlights make this hairstyle look full and gorgeously intriguing.
13. Short Feathered Pixie Cut. Pixies are awesome short hairstyles for thin hair for women of class who like their hairstyles simple and chic. The pixie cut and ruffled layers make her short brunette hair appear full and fabulous. A fantastic way to style short fine hair if you are short on time!
14. Blown-Out Comb-Over Bob. Another amazing short hairstyle for thin hair that looks super-gorgeous on most face shapes. Check this cute comb-over bob. The lifted roots and blown-out strands make her thin hair seem voluminous. This style also does a wonderful job of softening a strong jawline and hiding a double chin if any.
Also Read: Shorts to wear under dress
15. Wavy Short Hairstyle for Fine Locks. This á la mode hair style for short hair has graced the red carpet of many fashion shows. The layered waves add an illusion of volume to your hair, and the neck length reveals your delicate neck and shoulders, making your face appear slender and your neck longer.
16. Inverted Shaggy Bob with Teased Roots. The shaggy inverted bob curves towards the face and grazes the cheekbones. Blow it out lifting the roots and tease them slightly if necessary for extra volume and you won’t want other short haircuts for fine hair.
17. Fine Hair Short Bob. This runway-ready bob haircut for fine thin hair is leading the pack among the most stunning short hair styles. The side part, wispy layers, and blonde highlights add dimension, fullness, and gorgeousness to the fine hair. Her choice of makeup complements her fascinating haircut.
18. Inverted Platinum Lob. If you think that most short hairstyles for fine hair go out of fashion fast, this hairdo will change your mind. The inverted cut in platinum blonde equals timeless elegance.
19. Shaggy Layered Bob. Beautiful silver hair and a shaggy, layered bob – what’s not to love? It’s modern, stylish, and ideal for any age.
20. Pixie-Bob for Fine Hair. A neat fine hair short bob for women with natural brunette hair. Her hair looks absolutely chic and dapper while being easy to maintain. Worth trying asap!
21. Short Layered Bob with Nape Design. The bob is a universally flattering haircut. Add a cool undercut detail to your short layered bob, and you’ll win points for originality!
22. Long Pixie with Bangs. The long pixie cut with bangs is at the top of current hair trends right now!
23. Sharp Pixie with Angled Undercut. This hairstyle’s sharp angles are suitable for someone edgy and sophisticated. Short hairdos are best for fine hair as shorter strands are stronger than longer ones. One of the best short haircuts for women is the pixie cut. Pair it with an angled undercut for a more stunning look. This haircut looks good in pictures, no matter what angle you view it from.
24. Short Blonde Hair with Wispy Bangs. The rough and tousled bed-head hairstyle is one of the most trending short haircuts for fine hair in 2022. The sassy wispy bangs and messy hair add much glamor and volume to this pretty bob.
25. Poker-Straight Razored Cut. This is a super charming hairstyle for ladies with straight hair that’ll add plenty of volume to fine locks!
26. Tapered Boyish Hairstyle for Girls. Tapering is gradual trimming of hair on both sides and back. The long strands are blended with the shorter ones to create a cohesive look. One of the iconic short hairstyles for thin hair, the short tapered haircut has been popular among women of all ages.
27. Undercut Pixie with Piece-y Layers. An undercut pixie features a shaved side or back that makes it look like it’s not a part of the top section. The piece-y layering creates an illusion of volume. Best for the bold and daring. Among short hairstyles, this cut is edgy yet versatile.
28. Classy Sliced Haircut. A lovely short haircut for thin hair for women of all ages. The hair is cut in sliced layers to make it appear more voluminous. The face-framing wispy pieces are also layered for a volumizing effect. This attractive short hairstyle for thin hair is great for making your hair appear fuller and mask a receding hairline if necessary.
29. Voluminous Sliced Bob. The list of current short haircuts for women would not be complete without this beauty. You can never go wrong with a sliced bob! This hairdo is known to be the queen of hairstyles for short hair, as it is universally flattering.
30. Shaggy Graduated Bob. If your fine hair is a little undecided and stands somewhere between straight and wavy – this shaggy bob cut will be just the style for achieving a fuller look.
31. Wispy Layered Short Pixie. Layers are a girl’s best friend! Not a fan of choppy, bold layering? Go for soft, wispy layers to create a gradual change in the length and a softer, smoother look.
32. Icy, Long Pixie Cut. We love this icy shade – so trendy! And it looks perfect on finer hair types.
33. Lilac Pearl Pixie. Short hair can be so intriguing! Don’t be afraid to experiment with colors and textures. We’re in love with this slightly funky hairstyle with bangs.
Also Read: Best collagen supplement for sagging skin
34. Short and Spiky Pixie. If you’re not afraid of going very short, this spiky cut could be your next hairstyle! The spikes work like magic in achieving more volume – and create a playful, totally on-trend look.
35. Layered, Tousled Bob. Listen up, gals with fine curly hair! A layered, tousled bob is a classic style that never fails to add volume. The best thing? It suits all face shapes, from oval to heart faces.
36. Super Short Pixie. Looking for a short, low maintenance hairstyle? This one’s for you, then, and it’s super lovely!
37. Pretty Chin-Length Cut. Short haircuts for thin hair can be easy to maintain, and here’s the proof! Rock your natural hair color paired with subtle waves for extra volume.
38. Volume-Boosting Tousled Bob. Is your fine hair naturally wavy? Lucky you! Tousled curls and waves are perfect for adding volume.
39. Shaved Shaggy Bob. Want to make your shaggy bob stand out? Add a shaved detail! This cut is ideal for fine curly hair that’s a bit unruly.
40. Angled Pixie Cut. This angled pixie haircut is great for those with a long face, because the longer slanted fringe gives it a nice contour. Add foil highlights to dark hair for a playful accent.
41. Layered Bob for Wavy Hair. Got baby fine hair? This layered and tousled bob will make it look fuller.
42. Shaggy Bob Cut. Creating thicker looking hair is so easy with a shaggy bob hairstyle! It’s flattering for all ages and quick to style because all the hard work is done at the salon.
43. Shattered Bob for Fine Blonde Hair. Achieved by cutting the ends of the hair with a razor, the “shattered” bob has been a popular haircut lately. There is no need to stick to accurate cuts as the layers in this bob have varying lengths that make this hairdo rich in texture. Plus, it’s low maintenance and looks sooo professional at the same time!
44. Wispy Layers. Wispy layers will add volume and shape to most hairstyles. This length is particularly easy to manage if you have wavy hair. Don’t go for layers that are very short – it could take a while to style.
45. Asymmetrical Pixie Cut. A playful style for those who want to stand out! Dark roots create a bold accent, and you won’t need to go for touch-ups very often. Overgrown roots are very in right now!
46. Short Wedge Haircut. Not too formal, and not too messy – that’s how we’d define this short wedge haircut. It’s also relatively easy to style, which is always a bonus!
47. Subtle A-Line Cut. The layered and stacked at the back cut is easy to style, and it’s very convenient for women with short, straight hair!
48. Shaggy A-Line Bob Cut. An A-line bob always stands out from short haircuts for fine hair due to its fantastic ability to add volume! The choppy strands in the shaggy style make the look edgy yet cute and utterly splendid!
49. Long Sliced Pixie. The slightly outgrown finely chopped pixie is the look from the top of our list!
50. Sassy Undercut Pixie. Nothing beats a stylish and sassy long pixie cut! Confidence is the main ingredient you’ll need to rock this super trendy, bold haircut.
We hope this list of ultimate short hairstyles for fine hair has left you feeling inspired and thrilled that you have fine locks. Plus, now you’ve got plenty of images to show to your stylist on the next appointment!
Put an end to limp hair with these hairstyles that work efficiently in adding life to flat tresses. These hairstyles create the illusion of thickness, so that you don’t have to worry about your hair looking flat or lifeless ever again!
Also Read: What side to lay on for gas