Are you in search of some really working haircuts and hairstyles for big foreheads? Good news: they exist!
If your forehead is looking more like a “fivehead”, it can be difficult to find a good haircut that frames your face. Thankfully, there are a few hairstyle cheat-codes that can balance your features and proportions of your face. So, whether you want long hair, short hair, medium-length curls, new bangs or a cute pixie cut, there’s a flattering hairdo for you!
Reading: Haircuts for a big forehead
Is your forehead big/wide/broad? According to the ‘golden ratio’ theory, the three-thirds of our face are supposed to be equal (1.the middle of the hairline-the point between the eyebrows, 2.the point between the eyebrows-the bottom of the nose, 3.the bottom of the nose-the bottom of the chin). If the upper third is significantly bigger… yes, these foreheads are considered as large. The other, simpler measurement is to count how many fingers you can place (horizontally) between the hairline and eyebrows. Four is the norm. Five – your forehead is big.
Read on and check our 30 favorite hairstyles for big foreheads:
1. Textured Wispy Shag. Flat hair accentuates a wide forehead. Balance it out by adding bangs and some volume to the sides.
2. Choppy Lob. Curtain bangs are a great way to make your forehead “smaller”. Combine it with a choppy lob for the ultimate trendy look in 2022.
3. Curtain Bangs for a High Forehead. Take the focus off your high or wide forehead with these drop-dead gorgeous bangs. The long fringe and face-framing layers add so much glamor to the hair!
4. Wispy Bangs. Thin bangs are perfect for large foreheads because they provide some coverage without looking (or feeling) too heavy.
5. Long Parted Bangs. Make your forehead smaller by sweeping the bangs to the sides of your face. This automatically cuts off a major portion of your forehead from the people’s view. Medium hairstyles for big heads are the top choice because they usually create the right proportions.
6. Bed-Head Hairstyle with Wispy Bangs. Who wouldn’t fall in love with hot and sultry messy haircuts for big foreheads like this one? Feathered wispy bangs and shaggy layers play together to complete this adorable look.
7. Long Fringe. You don’t need a full fringe for a high forehead. Long layers that brush past the chin can even out a “top-heavy” face.
8. Choppy Layered Wavy Lob. Hairstyles for big foreheads don’t necessarily have to come with bangs. The wavy center-parted lob, for example, will do its job of minimizing the big forehead and balancing the face shape by adding volume on the sides.
Also Read: Why do my gums stink
9. Voluminous Curly Bob for a Wide Forehead. The side-parted no-bangs bob cuts the width of your forehead making your face visually narrower. Make it also asymmetrical, if you want to enhance the slimming effect.
10. Side-Swept Bangs. Easy, low maintenance, yet super chic, this is one of the best haircuts for big foreheads.
11. Neat Eyebrow-Skimming Bangs with Long Hair. The secret of such a cute look is the accurate textured bangs. The right hairstyles for big foreheads hide the disproportion and balance out your face shape. Tell your stylist to cut the bangs thick and falling a little past your eyebrows for a sexy forehead-concealing hairstyle.
12. Asymmetric Bob with a Side Part. Tousled hair strands and side-swept bangs can mask even a huge forehead. So, if that’s what you’re aiming for, go ahead and try this asymmetric bob variation.
13. Shaggy Mid-Length Cut. Bangs for big forehead can vary. However, those parted in the middle are sure to fulfill your goals and add a pinch of cuteness to your overall look.
14. Medium Cut with Side Bangs. If you are wondering how to make your forehead smaller without getting massive bangs, you can opt for a medium cut of your choice. The trick is to add thin side bangs that will frame your face in a flattering way.
15. Wispy Bangs and Layers. Girls with big foreheads will appreciate a layered cut with wispy bangs. This style veils the forehead which is a certain win if you are not content with how it looks.
16. Teased Layered Haircut. The dynamic layers of varying lengths help take the focus away from the forehead.
17. Choppy Bangs and Top Volume. Give a fresh twist to these popular basic bangs for big forehead. Cut your hair in layers, throw in some loose waves and blow the hair out for extra volume. The voluminous bangs make a perfect hiding place for a massive forehead.
18. Side-Swept Bangs with Short Bob. Side-swept bangs are an inherent component of big forehead hairstyles that never fail to take attention away from a large forehead. Style your fringe in the way that suits your face shape and throw in some color to spice things up.
19. Uneven Curtain Fringe. The key to softening a large forehead is keeping the hair voluminous on top, around the crown.
20. Side-Parted Forehead-Concealing Bangs. Another gorgeous hairstyle with side-swept bangs for big heads. The transformation, as shown in the pictures below, is mind-blowing. In the second picture, it’s hard to even notice she has a broad forehead. Thanks to the cute side-parted bangs, even a huge forehead looks balanced.
Also Read: Daily carb intake for weight loss
21. Voluminous Layers. This style is proof that girls with big foreheads can look amazing even without bangs.
22. Wavy Hair with a Middle Part. If you have been struggling to accept your large forehead for quite a while, it is time to solve this issue once and for all! Even if you have thin hair, a middle part will work miracles and hide the unwanted space.
23. Short Hair with a Middle Part. Ladies with long faces and big foreheads, is there a better way to style your hair than this? The blown out short hair with shaggy ends complements the long face while the face-framing, center-parted fringe handles the high forehead. Perfect!
24. Simple Off-Centre Part. Lobs are always in style, but the biggest benefit is that you don’t have to do much to achieve this lovely look.
25. Hair Flip for Girls with a Huge Forehead. Always worry about your high forehead but don’t want to commit to full-on bangs? Then this is one of the hairstyles for large foreheads to try! The long side-swept bangs will make you look elegant and reveal your grace.
26. Layered Long Bob. With a few styling tricks, a center-parted hairstyle can do the magic of concealing a big-to-giant forehead. The layered lob made the lower half of her face look balanced compared to her forehead. Those golden highlights also help to distract attention from the prominent forehead.
27. Bob with Piece-y Bangs. The jagged bangs look sweet and cheeky while eliminating the stress you have about your high forehead. As a bonus, they also highlight your beautiful eyes!
28. Lob with Swoopy Layers. Don’t underestimate the power of haircuts for big foreheads, as they can be real game-changers. Long bangs or swoopy face-framing layers, for instance, create volume around the face, distracting the attention from the features you wish to mask.
29. Tousled Wavy Hair with Baby Bangs. Time to let your hair go on a little wild adventure. Style your hair as shown with this super cute hairstyle. Pump up the volume of the baby bangs by swooping more hair forward at the top, and tousle up the waves for a captivating messy look. A big forehead is not a problem anymore.
30. Asymmetrical Razored Bob. An asymmetrical haircut like this one “tricks” the eye into seeing a smaller forehead, especially when combined with a side part.
If you’re constantly asking yourself, “do I have a big forehead?”, then you probably do! But it’s no big deal because beauty isn’t reliant on a single feature. All you need to do is play around with your look and find ways to put the right accents while your bigger forehead is out of the spotlight. Once you find the right hairstyle for your big forehead, you’ll be one step closer to being your most beautiful self!
No matter your face shape, hair color, or personal style, one of these hairstyles for big foreheads is sure to suit you!
Also Read: How to stop clenching jaw
Also read: Foolproof way to get water out of ear