Beginner exercises do not require previous experience of physical activity or special training to perform. A person can usually increase the intensity as they advance in their cardiovascular ability.
Marching in place
Marching in place can elevate the heart rate, making this exercise a suitable choice for a warm-up or single cardio activity.
Reading: Best cardio workout at home
To increase the intensity, a person can increase the speed they march or raise the knees higher.
Single leg stand
This exercise works the abdominal muscles.
- Start with the feet together or no more than 3 inches (in) apart.
- Bend the knees slightly and lift one leg 3-6 in off the floor.
- Hold this position for 10-15 seconds and return the foot to the floor.
- Repeat for the opposite leg.
To increase difficulty, a person can lift their leg higher off the floor or jump from one leg to the other more quickly.
Jogging in place
Also Read: Lose 20 pounds in a month diet plan
Jogging in place is a simple and effective exercise to increase heart rate. This is also a suitable beginner warm-up activity.
To perform, bounce lightly from one foot to the other. At the same same, swing the arms from side to side.
Air jump rope
The air jump rope requires a person to “swing” an imaginary jump rope in the air. The exercise provides an alternative to jogging in place and is suitable as part of a warm-up routine.
To perform, stand with the feet together and jump up and down while swinging the arms in a circular direction.
Dancing to music
A person can turn free space into a dancefloor at home.
Dancing to upbeat music can burn calories, while people may find it very enjoyable as an exercise.
Also Read: Did ash kash have plastic surgery
A person can perform arm circles while sitting or standing, making them ideal for all skill levels.
- Rotate the arms in a circular motion, both clockwise and counterclockwise. The movement may resemble a butterfly or backstroke.
- If a person has limited mobility in their arms, they can extend their arms to their sides and draw small circles.
Jumping jacks are a beginner cardiovascular exercise that a person can perform almost anywhere.
- Begin with the feet hip-width apart and arms down.
- Raise the arms out to the sides, straight in the air while jumping out with the feet apart.
- Jump back into the starting position and land softly on the balls of the feet, bringing the arms back into the body.
A person can increase the exercise intensity by jumping higher or faster. They can also reduce intensity by performing slower or smaller jumping jacks.
Supine snow angel (wipers) exercise
A person should perform this exercise while lying down, which works the abdominal muscles, chest, and shoulders.
Also Read: What is a piss kink
- Lie on the back with the feet flat on the ground.
- Tuck the pelvis slightly to place the lower back on the floor.
- Extend the arms from the shoulders, slightly bending the hands toward the ears.
- Slowly raise the hands toward the head to meet each other.
- Lower the hands to the starting position and repeat.